Sunday, May 12, 2013

How "me" became "we"

Welp people.  I'm an engaged woman.   It comes out of nowhere like they say!  I really didn't think I'd be getting married this year, but it couldn't be to a better guy!  I fall more and more in love with him every single day... I didn't even know that was possible, but, it is.

A little bit about my man and me.  We met the beginning of last year in our singles ward.  I went with my roommate to play volleyball and I saw this kid with his hat on backwards with a black cast.  My first thought was, "This kid is such a tool, what a weirdo playing volleyball with a cast on."  He started coming over to my apartment and he always said, "Cheez-its and orange soda," so I told him how I love that YouTube video.  But he hadn't seen it, so I showed him.  I helped him write a paper for one of his classes.  We watched a horror movie in retaliation of V-day.  And then summer came and we started hanging out all the time!  We went to hang-time, watched movies, read our books by the pool... we did everything together!! And it was the funnest I have ever had dating anybody, I felt like I could completely be myself around him.

But I broke things off with him because I could tell that he wanted to get married and that he was ready for that next step in his life... and I was not.  I was writing a missionary at the time and holding on to a guy that I had liked for the past 3 years and I wasn't really sure what to do.  I just knew that I wasn't ready to get married and I felt bad holding him back.  But we remained friends and basically hung out everyday, I complained to him about work and school and boys.  He was always there for me.

So, a few months ago, the missionary I was sort of waiting for told me he wasn't interested in marrying me, that he wanted to date around to make sure he was making the right choice because I was his first gf.  It broke my heart to be an option to him and not a choice.  A few weeks later, the guy I had been seeing for the past 3 years thought it would be better to take a step back from things.  It felt really poorly timed, but I know it happened that way for a reason.

So, I prayed, I asked Heavenly Father why both guys I had been holding onto for so long both decided to break things off with me at the same time, and just like that I felt like a blindfold had been lifted off my eyes.  I realized that Raymond had been there for me for the past year and we have always had fun together and loved each other just the way we are.

After that, things just kind of picked up where they left off last summer.  It was really exciting and kind of weird to start holding hands again (he was my best friend for a long time)!  And we started talking about getting married and then we were meeting eachothers families, and looking at rings and asking for permission... it all went so fast!  And then on Monday April 29, we got engaged!! I have never been happier.  I am so lucky to have a man that cares about me so much.  He is so good to me and we have so much fun together, and I can't wait to spend eternity with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment